Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Seussery

I offered to help an out of town (actually out of country) friend put together some final touches for her son's nursery. She had already purchased furniture (in a rubbed black finish) and bedding and was down to the final details.
She had a few ideas and a budget that I worked with to create two schemes for her. One with a whimsical feel and one with a classic feel.




In the end she chose a few options from each and modified some to work with her ideas but the finished room is a unique room just waiting for the arrival of her little boy.









This job was a lot of fun to work on but I think one of my favorite parts of it is how it dispels a common myth about working with a decorator. It is a wonderful example of how a decorator can be customized for exactly what you need. I didn't work with this client from the beginning, we didn't do all custom pieces and I never actually set foot in the actual room. The most important part is to find a decorator that can fulfill your needs, regardless of where in the world they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment