Sunday, February 21, 2010

Blues

This issue of House Beautiful magazine really hit home why I love this magazine. I've been reading home decor magazines for many years now and I can't recall ever seeing an issue that was devoted to a single color. Lots of color issues of course that cover all of the current popular colors but never 1 single color!!!

So when I saw that the March 2010 issue was all about Blue I was intrigued for sure. And it didn't disappoint. It highlights paint colors, accessories and pages of stunning blue focused rooms. The editor even directed me to a blog that only covers blue decorating: House of Turquoise

I guess it shouldn't shock me that I'm in love with this issue since blue plays a large role in my home. In the living room it appears as a jewel toned sapphire blue. In my bedroom, it's softer, more of an eggshell blue. In both places I warm up the blue with dark wood and chocolate brown. And for a punch of contrast, orange accessories.

I also want to highlight an etsy shop I ran across this week. They are local to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island and have beautiful upcycled painted furniture. One look will make it clear why I thought they fit well with this post.
Turquoise Shed

It came as no surprise then to find a plethora of blue in my inspiration file. Apologies in advance that I don't know the sources. Most have been in my files for some time now. Please comment or email if you recognize any of them.


1 comment:

  1. I used this light in one of my projects. I looks amazing.
    I have also seen Susan Snow using it in some of her projects also. Gotta love Home Depot!
    Kelly
    Designer Decor

    ReplyDelete